I spent almost a week in Vancouver attending ChemEd. ChemEd is a chemistry conference for educators that takes place once every two years. Teachers from over 50 countries attended the conference to exchange ideas. I attended over 15 seminars and visited many exhibits. Many presenters demonstrated their best chemistry demo and blew up lots of chemicals. There was even a mole breakfast and a mole run (6.02km run, get it?!) Even though I had a blast, I must say that parts of conference were way too nerdy for me, especially when the teachers started to sing "chemistry songs" about moles and avogadro's number.
My flight from SFO to Vancouver was a disaster. Thinking that Canada is outside of the United States, Tomio dropped me off at the international terminal. After waiting in the "Vancouver" line for over an hour, the flight attendant informed me that I might miss my flight because I was waiting at the wrong terminal. Apparently the line that was labelled "Vancouver" was for the morning flight. The flight attendant said the flight leaving in the morning to Vancouver is considered international, while the flight leaving in the afternoon to Vancouver is domestic. I didn't know that flight time determines whether or not a country is international or domestic... There was another guy that was on the same flight waiting in line at the international terminal (See, I wasn't the only one that didn't know), so we ended up running to the domestic terminal together. By the time we arrived at the terminal, they were calling for last boarding. Thankfully, we made our flight. I wonder how they define flights that leave in the morning and arrive in the afternoon?
Time flies, my summer vacation is almost over. There are only two more weeks left before school starts :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment